Monday, July 26, 2010

Toe got a Blow


So today started normal enough. It was L.J's day off and we walked up to the store a couple of times and that was the boring part of the day.
We were sitting around (i was braiding my hair and he was about to make us some food). All of the sudden he started to play with his baby sister Boo!! That's not the bad part (lol). He began to chase her through the house but in the process he hit his middle toe really hard on the couch (like really hard). He couldn't walk! Oi! At 4:00 pm He called an ambulance and the two of us rode it up to the hospital. That was pretty cool (i guess*never been in one before*). The EMS was soooo not talkative (I hate it when people aren't as cheery as I am!*not that I was cheery because of the toe!! I'm just naturally cheery*). When we got to the hospital we sat in the waiting room for what seemed to be an eternity (it was like an hour and a half!). Finally they called us! I was like *okay it shouldn't be much longer*, but that tells you of my experience with ERs (after all I'd never been to one before). Once we left the initial "interrogation room" we sat in a second waiting room for around 2 hours. We were finally called but once we got to a room we waited for about an hour for him to get an X-ray then about 2 and 1/2 hours later a doctor came and told us that his toe was broken (No . . . really?!!? Why did you think we came here!!?!? We knew it was broken!). It was about a half hour later that a nurse came and taped his toe to the one next to it and put a little hospital shoe on his foot. We signed some papers and it was 10:00 pm when we left (long, long visit). We walked over to Wendys (which was painful for him but he kept almost his regular pace). We got four Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers and a large fry. Our neighbors came and picked us up from the Wendys and now we're home (home!!!!at last!!!!).
He's going to work tomorrow so I'm hoping it doesn't kill him :P (I love him too much for him to be in that much pain!!). I'm just thankful it wasn't worse and that I was able to spend the time (even if it was stressful) with my one and my only.
I'm gonna spend some real time with him now so I'll type again tomorrow! (Hope with me that it's less eventful of a day ;P .)

No comments:

Post a Comment